The concept of property management is very simple. Collect the rent, call a plumber when a faucet leaks, and resign a lease every year. Every business is easy when things go as planned. But, we all know that things don’t always go as planned, and people don't always do what we expect them to.
Managing just one property can be a time consuming job when you have issues, and managing a handful can be a full time job. Professional property managers have the time, resources, processes, relationships, and expertise to make difficult issues seem simple. Property managers save you time and stress.
The major reasons that a professional management company like RPMG, Inc. is invaluable to rental home owners are:
Lower Risk: There are several ways a management company will lower an owner’s overall risk. The two most notable reasons are the compliance with complicated tenant landlord laws, and acting as the buffer between the owner and the tenant.
Deeper Resources: A property management company, like RPMG, Inc., has leverage with contractors and can pool its resources to lower costs an delivered better services. For example, in Atlanta if you call an HVAC repairman in July you can expect to be on a 2 day waitlist for service. RPMG, Inc ’s HVAC contractor will likely respond the same day and can save you up 20% on the repair.
Professional Process: A property management company will have a more regimented process approach to management that most owners will not. At RPMG, Inc, Late fees, eviction proceeding, and the rent collection process are set up in a consistent manner for every tenant. Although we do allow for some flexibility under certain circumstances, the core processes are in place and have been proved effective for over a decade.
Other things a property management company will do to make life easier for an owner include:
- Manage all repairs, maintenance, and all turnover work performed in-between tenants-
- Manage all advertise and marketing, take all rental calls, and show the property.
- Manage all tenant screenings and background checks to insure an informed tenant selection process
- Execute all required documents such as escrow forms, lease agreement, move-in / move-out inspection reports, and security deposit money.
- Manage all tenant communication at all hours of the day and night.
- Serve legal notices or start the eviction processing necessary
- Manage the detailed accounting records and provide reports for filing taxes